Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Zoom focus

I learned a new phrase yesterday--Zoom Focus.  What does it mean?  It means allowing one to turn ideas and goals into reality and results.  (Jon Gordon). The first thing you need is to set a goal or have a dream.  I'm not sure about you, but I don't always have a dream.  Some times I just live and exist.  It's during these times that I do nothing with my business.  It just goes on, without any direction.  Then do you know what happens?  It begins to decline.

How do I get Zoom Focus?  Follow these steps (per Jon Gordon):
  • Ask yourself one question:  What are the 3 most important things I need to accomplish today to work toward my dream/goal?
  • Tune out distrations:  Stop answering the phone, turn off the TV/radio, talk to friends later, check your email later.  Execute the 3 things that you need to do and then you can focus on the other things again.
  • Say No or Yes:  Stop doing all the trivial things that don't help you reach your goals and say yes to the things that do (going to rallies/meetings, checking website for new updates)
  • Focus on Daily Improvement:  Become better at doing the required daily, then weekly, and suddenly your whole year will have improved. 
"When you Zoom Focus on the process, the outcome takes care of itself."

No comments:

Post a Comment