Monday, February 14, 2011

It's not ONLY about the money. . .

There was a missionary name Jim Elliott, who was killed in South America in 1956 by Indians he was trying to reach. He once said a statement that has become my life theme: He said, “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.” Sometimes our businesses need to be about more than just making money. Sometimes it needs to be about people and what they need and what it is that you can provide to their lives.

When I first started Tupperware I thought all I would be doing is selling bowls.  Now I understand that I am changing lives--giving something that you can't put a price on, like confidence, a new start to a new life, financial freedom, and many other things.  What are you giving that you can't gain any other way?

No comments:

Post a Comment